Today is the second last session of my current program. This program has been an ok one, during it I have made good strength gains. I have met some of my strength goals, but have not met others.
Once this program is finished, I am going to be using a program with a lot more structure. I found the body splits and breaks between workouts in this program to be a bit too varied for my liking. I was also not a big fan of some of the exercises in which I had to perform.
I have already selected the next program that I will be undertaking, it is an 8 week weight training program that I am very excited to start. Stay tuned for more!
But first things first I have 2 sessions left on my current program so at 8:30pm I headed into The Pit for my session.
As I have outlined on previous posts, I have set myself several strength goals, which I am aiming to achieve by the end of the 12 week program. I am placing these goals in brackets after the exercise that I am performing.
My Program to Build Muscle and Lose Fat
• About an hour before training I downed a Pre-workout shake.
• 5 minutes of skipping
• Dynamic Stretching
• Push-ups x 20
• Chin-ups (Goal Weight: 15kg)
– Set 1: 10 Reps x BW
– Set 1: 8 reps x 7.5kg
– Set 2: 6 reps x 12.5kg
– Set 3: 6 reps x 2.5kg
• Bent Over Barbell Rows (Goal Weight: 120kg)
– Set 1: 8 reps x 80kg
– Set 2: 6 reps x 105kg
– Set 3: 6 reps x 105kg
• Deadlifts (Goal Weight: 140kg)
– Set 1: 8 reps x 100kg
– Set 2: 6 reps x 140kg
– Set 3: 5 reps x 145kg
• Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls (Goal Weight: 27.5kg Dumbbell)
– Set 1: 10 reps x 10kg
– Set 2: 8 reps x 15kg
– Set 3: 6 reps x 25kg
– Set 4: 6 reps x 25kg
• Standing Straight Bar Curls (Goal Weight: 60kg)
– Set 1: 8 reps x 45kg
– Set 2: 6 reps x 50kg
– Set 3: 6 reps x 50kg
Finishers – My High Intensity Fat Burning Circuit
I am still incorporating finishers at the end of my weight training session. Today I alternated between Jump Squats and Explosive Push-ups. I started by doing 10 of each back to back, then 9 of each back to back and so on until I reach zero. The whole circuit is done without rest and took me only about 4mins to complete.
• Static Stretching
• Straight after the session I downed a Post-workout shake.
• All reps and sets are done with good form (no cheating or swinging the weight)
• Rest for exactly a minute between all sets except for the last 2 working sets where you rest for 2mins.
• During the workout sip on water.
This was another great session. I actually set a new personal best deadlift.
My next session I will be training Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This will be the last session for my current program, then it’s time to get stuck into my new program.